It’s impossible to overestimate the impact window coverings have on a room. They provide a beautiful focal point, create a mood, provide privacy, and can help save energy. With new materials and designs, homeowners have a myriad of beautiful design options – more now than ever before.
Window fashions come and go and what was popular 10 years ago could be passé now. Here are some window covering design ideas that are trending right now.
- People have been adapting table cloths and sheets for use as window coverings for years but it’s a trend that is gaining in popularity. Sheets are relatively inexpensive and a limitless number of colours and patterns are available – you just have to look for one that’s right for you.
- Window films are available in a variety of colours and patterns, providing different levels of privacy. They let light in while keeping prying eyes at bay. Window films also block UV rays, helping to keep your home cooler in the summer.
- Roman Shades are a classic, beautiful window treatment option that never goes out of style. New materials and styles keep this timeless classic up to date. Roman Shades fit in extremely well with more casual, modern design trends.
- Although they’ve been around for years, cellular or honeycomb blinds have become hugely popular. Stylish and sleek, they are available in a wide range of colours and designs. As an added benefit, they provide a layer of insulation between cold windows and warm rooms.
- Opulent drapery materials such as velvet, silk, suede, and leather are in vogue. While drapes made from these materials are exquisite, they can be very expensive.
Whether your tastes run to opulent and luxurious, or to sleek and simple, Normandeau Window Coverings can provide you with window fashions that will make your windows the focal point of any room.
Written By Randy Normandeau. Visit Randy on Google+